Sunday, May 29, 2005

Holy (removed)....

That was probably the longest blog I have done in a while.

=D

If you actually read it, you are probably as rubbish as I am, or you are just too free (like me. =D)

But then, I've been wanting to do something like that for a while. The inspiration came from a book read a few years back. I always wanted to do some dueling, but never really could get much without much planning.

Ah well. RP gets to you sooner or later.. XD
--

ERP, the solution to everything?

If so, then why isn't Bangkok having more ERPs then their number of trees?

Seriously, putting toll, IMO, is NOT the way to get rid of jams. In fact, it causes more jams in other areas. Heck, look at what the ST's test did. Their route to Suntec from an alternative route took 13 minutes, while one through Orchard took a little over 15 minutes.

2 minute difference, $1 extra in the future. In fact, it's probably worth it, since a detour will mean more money wasted on fuel.

What the ERP does is simply make local shoppers, like me, to avoid Orchard road. Heck, I would just go Bugis now, since Orchard has became a little more expensive. And, Bugis got the best arcade in the whole of Singapore, something which everyone in GameFAQs agreed. Setting up ERP won't deter motorists from using Orchard road as a detour, as they will just go through it anyway. The jam will remain, but if anyone is thinking of actually shopping in Orchard, I doubt many will really like the fact. Heck, what's so great about Orchard anyway? There are plenty of malls in the neighbourhood to ensure that you don't really need to go Orchard anyway.

So now, with the ERP thingy, hell with Orchard. Tampines Mall makes more money, while Taka will probably start to lose more.

Sad.

Solution? Hmm...

How about having NO buses that goes into Orchard, having only trains? Buses clog up the entire road, moves slowly, and stacks up because they need to enter a bus stop. Also, with that Bus Lane, it effectively mean that 5 lanes of traffic gets reduced to 4. So, scrap all the buses heading to Orchard, forcing people to take the MRT instead.

But then, 25km/h isn't that bad of a speed. Traffic Jams, especially in popular areas, mean that there are actually people heading to the shopping malls. It would be sad to see little or no traffic on the main shopping belt of Singapore. People just have to bear with it. I have yet to see anyone who says "Damn the Jam, let's go TM instead." Ok, fine, I'm generalising, but the jam is, but a small matter. How long can a jam take up your time? 5 minutes? 10? Heck, you spend more time finding parking lots then you do in a jam, especially in crowded ones like Suntec, where looking for a parking lot can take around 30 minutes when it's really crowded.

Not only that, the amount of traffic lights isn't helping either. However, this problem cannot be taken care of easily, as some of tose T-junctions really need a traffic light, or there will be more jams. However, some of those traffic lights which only allow pedastarians to cross the road can be removed, replaced by underground walkways or overhead bridges. It's costly, yes, and people will jaywalk more, but it can get rid of the situation, at least superfically.

Howevr, I feel that the best solution is to do nothing at all. This problem is alright, bearable currently. I don't see the Jams in PIE actually lessening with the introduction of ERP, since people still use that expressway. And since we are on expressways, I'm kinda thankful that I am not living in the North, since people have to pay yet another toll while going home. It's like in HK, where you need to pay those tolls because you have to take the tunnels to get back home. In HK, you don't have much of a choice, since there isn't a lot routes to some areas. In Singapore, you do have some alternatives, however, think about this: Due to the fact that the ERP is staying on till 8, people may start to leave work at 8 to avoid the toll, resulting in a jam at 8. Some don't want to take the alternative routes, due to the simple fact that they are tired. Night driving is tiring, heck even when I play Thrill Drive 2, on the map Night Japan, it can get tiring, since you need to look out for where other cars are. So, do you think they will actually spend extra time to use an alternative route, or get back home quickly so that they can sit on their sofa, beer in hand, and ESPN on TV?

For me, I will pay that extra money...
--

Xin Lan's birthday was definately fun, as well as funny. :D

I thought my mistake the night before by replying her SMS, instead of going silent which probably means a "Oh ****, I sent it to the wrong person", would have destroyed Miss Leong's perfect plan.

Then again.

I won't say she's stupid....

XD

I'm such a moron...

But then again, the dinner was fun, though short, and we found out how powerful Choo actually is in Pool.

A career in pool, perhaps? XD

Perhaps one of the things which I regretted not doing was...

Dunking the birthday girl's head into the cake when she was taking the candle out. It would have ruined the cake, but it could be funny.

Then again...

Ah well. Can't reverse time anyway.

Happy birthday girl! All the best for the year ahead and for your A levels!

--

Gah, what's with me..? When I sat beside her, she had this distinctive scent which made me unable to concentrate. >_<

Perhaps it's my own imagination...

Perhaps not...

Gah. I hate dealing with the opposite sex sometimes. They mess up my head, my mind and stuff. I have to concentrate fully at times so that I won't make a fool of myself, especially when dealing some a particular one.

How annoying.

You are getting old, NF

You too bro.
--

Song of (whatever) has been finally updated! Continuing with the Romancing Saga -Minstrel Song- Soundtrack comes Only One Wish by Kenji Ito. A really really nice track, which had made my day once.
--

Seesh.. >_>

I HAVE TOLD YOU RETARDS, TIME AND TIME AGAIN. IF YOU GOT ANY **** TO TALK ABOUT, TALK ABOUT IT TO MY FACE

Don't go to your poor little blogs to spew crap. It's extremely annoying to read those, because if you had actually talked to me, I would have explained it. Don't like it? We can try to work something out. Don't hide all your pathetic flames in your blog. It's cowardly, and extremely STUPID, because sooner or later, I WILL KNOW ABOUT IT. Just as I have known about this, just as I know about anything which you post on the net! The net is THAT DAMN BIG. If you want to post, talk to ME first, so that you don't look like a ****ing retard when I have my own reasoning behind the matter!

Seesh <_<.

Thank god for all the music I have in my library, or I would be swearing at YOU through the phone right now. Unlike you, I CAN keep my temper, all thanks to music.

I wonder if I should have even bothered to read your damned blog. Perhaps I should not have. Your standing has been kicked down quite a few miles on my watch. I probably will never see you the same was as I had in the past.

May is so fucked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home